Are you interested in spicing up this year’s Thanksgiving feast? Look no further than this flavourful hot sauce recipe. Sure to give your typical dishes a flavourful sauce and some much-needed sass!
I’m from the spice capital of the world (Kerala, India) and bland turkey just doesn’t cut it for us! This is my addition to the traditional turkey dinner.
Garlic Habanero Hot Sauce
• 2 large heads of garlic
• 10 bell peppers (not green unless poblano)
• 1 red onion, quartered through root end
• 3 habanero peppers (or more if you like)
• Pint cherry tomatoes
• 1/4 cup honey
• Juice from 1/2 lemon
• 1 teaspoon + 2 tablespoons salt
1. Roast garlic in 425℉ for approximately 40 minutes.
2. Coat peppers, tomatoes, and onion in oil and 1 teaspoon salt.
3. Roast all on bbq (put tomatoes in a small cast iron pan). Let cool, then peel off skins and remove seeds
4. Squeeze garlic cloves out of their skins and into a blender. Add all remaining ingredients including roasted peppers, tomatoes, and onions. Purée.
5. Add lemon juice, salt, and honey to taste and serve!
• This recipe makes quite a bit of sauce. Jar the extra sauce and add a cute ribbon for guests to take home!
• Store leftover sauce in a tightly sealed container and refrigerate.
Don’t forget that you can earn Cash Back on all the ingredients, and much more! Visit the Rakuten Gift Card Shop and earn Cash Back on physical and mobile gift cards to Walmart Grocery, Loblaws companies, Independent, Freshco, and No Frills, just to name a few.
And for anything else you need to make it a special Thanksgiving, visit Rakuten.ca to get it all with Cash Back. Now that’s something to be #Thankful for!