It’s hard to imagine Black Friday and Cyber Monday (BFCM) are almost here. Not only is it extremely exciting for those of us who love to snag a deal, but it also marks the kick-off of the holiday season and the end of another year.
Some of the most popular items to hunt for are toys and tech. And usually, those categories where you’ll see the biggest savings. It’s also a great time to shop luxury items, as well. For some, it’s the only time of year they offer discounts. Don’t skip out on browsing the Luxury page for awesome Cash Back offers and coupon codes during BFCM.
BFCM isn’t only a great time of year to snag amazing deals, but it’s also the perfect time to shop for gifts – holidays and birthday presents, and other random gift-giving occasions.
But sometimes, with the influx of shoppers that weekend, it can be hard to score everything on your wish list. Here are our tips to make sure you are efficient and successful.
1. Make a list and check it twice. Much like Santa, it’s important you know exactly what you want to buy during the BFCM weekend. This will not only help you cross everything off, but also keep you on budget.
2. Speaking of budgets… make one! With all the sales, both online and offline, it’s quite easy to get carried away. Make sure you don’t overspend by sticking to your list and predetermined budget.
3. Research the regular prices of your list items. This will give you a better idea of whether you’re getting a deal now or should hold out for better offers later.
4. List alternatives if your first choice isn’t available. If your list item is a door crasher, it may be hard to get, so having a Plan B will make it easy for you to move on.
5. Research any promo codes or promo offers ahead of time. Many stores offer a unique one-time discount for signing up to their newsletter or for your first purchase. So, sign up and keep that promo code handy for the big weekend.
6. Bookmark pages for easy access when sales start. If you really want to be on-the-ball, create a tab or folder for your store or item bookmarks. That way you’ll save time you would have spent searching. This also prevents you from blowing your budget on purchases you didn’t intent to make.
7. Download the Rakuten express button. This will ensure you earn Cash Back automatically at all of our participating partners. With the express button set up, you don’t have to go through Rakuten.ca in order to earn Cash Back. It’s easy and a lot faster!
8. Check out all your shipping options. Some stores offer ship to store or in-store pickup. This will help you save on shipping costs if you don’t spend the minimum needed for free shipping. And you won’t feel obligated to do that either.
9. Buy gift cards to stores through our Gift Card Shop. Some gift cards are physical and require time to be processed and shipped to your home, while others are electronic. Either way, you’ll earn Cash Back on your gift card purchase and you can use those during the BFCM weekend, whether you choose to shop in-store or online.
10. If you plan on shopping from home, make sure to order food and get cozy. This might take a while. Whether it’s getting your groceries delivered or ordering pizza, make sure you have plenty of sustenance to get you through the weekend.