Did you know that 78% of Canadians purchase at least one gift per month?
That’s 12 gifts per
year. After a while, you gotta start thinking outside the box, right? That’s probably why 42% say they try to get creative with their presents.
We recommend gifting experiences as opposed to actual things… why? Because in the same survey we conducted, we found that 53% of Canadians want to be surprised by a gift. And the best way to surprise someone isn’t with something but rather, an experience.
The other reason, an experience can transcend seasons. Go beyond the material; a beautiful memory is one of the greatest gifts you can give. A dinner out works no matter what time of year it is (Valentine’s Day be damned!). In fact, 35% of Canadians surveyed say they want to receive a meal out.
Rakuten is your one-stop shop for everything you need to make gift giving SUPER simple!
Occasions for presents can be as seasonless as going away, housewarming, weddings, babies, s
More food for thought… Approximately 50% wanted to be gifted tickets to an event, 40% like to give gift cards, and the most popular gift cards include gas, grocery stores, dining, and movies.
Here are some of the suggestions we have for optimal memory-making gifts.
• Splurge with a luxury surprise. Rakuten has a slew of luxury merchants, like Jimmy Choo, Barneys New York, Coach (and more!) you can get a primo present from. One that they may never have bought themselves.
• An incredible alternative to a dinner out is to prepare an awesome home-cooked meal. Order from HelloFresh and surprise them with a special night at home.
• Gift cards can go along way. More and more, people are giving gift cards because it’s the best way to ensure your giftee gets exactly what they want.
• Concerts, sporting events, theatre – there’s something for almost everyone at Ticketmaster, including you (aka Cash Back).
• Sometimes you just need to treat yourself with a little something… 62% of Canadians can’t be wrong! Maybe it’s a piece of jewellery, a book for a cozy reading weekend, a day at the spa, or that fancy new purse. Whatever it is, you deserve it!
• Whether you’re searching for your partner, your family, or a girls’ weekend getaway, the gift of travel is one of the best. Talk about making memories – a trip is
• Vintage or one-of-a-kind finds are pretty special, as well. Consider supporting makers from Etsy and get something they’re unlikely to find anywhere else.