Nothing says summer quite like going to the cottage, camping or taking a road trip. The quintessential summer activities for families and friends.
Here are recommendations/top tips to enjoy your cottage, camping and road trips this summer.
Whether you own or Airbnb’d it, these are the must-haves for cottaging like a pro.
- – Hudson’s Bay for beach towels and swimwear, fun, animal-shaped floaties for lounging (some can even hold your drink), and cooler bags
- – Chapters-Indigo games, books to read and colour, diaries, and more.
- – What’s a cottage weekend without plenty of food on the BBQ? Rakuten Gift Card Shop has grocery gift cards for stores across Canada
- – Bike rides and hiking trips, don’t forget your water bottles (S’Well) and sunscreen
- – Take a nap outdoors on the hammock
- – Play cards… all night
- – Go for a canoe around the lake (don’t forget a lifejacket from Canadian Tire)
Some of us still like the feeling of sleeping on the ground, whilst others (ahem) prefer the luxuries of running water and a four-poster bed in an elevated tent… Regardless of your style, here’s your shopping and to-do list.
- – Bed Bath & Beyond for fireside folding chairs, tents, margarita blenders (obviously an essential for any camping trip)
- – Cabela’s has all your camping essentials in one place: lamps, tents, sleeping bags, inflatable mattress, camping cooking sets, and more
- – Amazon is a one-stop-shop for dry shampoo, toilettes, makeup remover, and other travel-size bath products
- –Shopper’s Drug Mart is where you can stock up on toilet paper, sunscreen, bug spray
- – Enjoy a bonfire complete with marshmallow roasting or making s’mores
- – Avoid poison oak at all costs
- – Attempt one night in a tent and immediately look for the nearest Four Seasons (aka go glamping)
- – Catch and cook your dinner (aka go fishing)
- – If 4-stars isn’t enough, check out some of the luxury items you can get for your camping trip
Every childhood needs at least one great road trip. These items and idea are sure to make any road trip one for the ages.
- – Canadian Tire has roadside emergency and first aid kits for your car; keep a spare tire handy too
- – Buy and download your favourite audiobooks or ebooks from Rakuten Kobo to stave off boredom
- – Road sickness got you down? Load up on Gravol from the Walmart pharmacy
- – Snacks are an essential part of any road trip, stock up with grocery gift cards
- – Games 100 bottles of beer, I spy, license plate bingo
- – Create a road trip playlist on Spotify
- – Pack a lunch for a roadside picnic
- – Remember every moment and snap those pics
- – PS: make sure your driver’s license, car insurance are renewed (you’d be surprised at how easily these are forgotten)